About AlphaCoin (ALF)
Alphacoin (ALF) is a new and innovative decentralized crypto-currency based on Litecoin. The former is using the same scrypt algorithm and has a relatively faster transaction confirmation time. Given this fact, Alphacoin (ALF) is an operational crypto-currency that can be used in real-time transactions.
1. Start up alphacoin-qt, wait for it to load, then exit.
2. Put alphacoin.conf (see sample file above) in your c:/users/**yourcomputername**/appdata/roaming/Alphacoin
3. restart alphacoin-qt, and you should connect and sync.
4. For solo mining, launch cgminer or whatever mining program you like and begin mining.
cgminer ex: cgminer.exe –scrypt -o localhost:9539 -u **yourusername** -p **password** (without **)
If anyone has a domain name or two that they would like to point to this, please feel free. Also, if anyone feels the need to customize the look/feel, please send me a template and I’d be happy to reskin it. I’m probably not going to have to time to do so myself anytime soon.
Ok, it’s all good to go. Everything is synced. Feel free to use the block explorer!
– 30 seconds block target
– 4 confirms per transaction. So every transaction will be confirmed in 2 mins.
– Difficulty retargets every 30 mins, that is every 60 blocks. Also using accelerated retargets at the beginning to completely avoid instamining.
– Total 210,182,000 coins.
– To encorage early adoption the coins per block is high for the first 3 days (block time):
– 1st day: 500 coins per block
– 2nd day: 200 coins per block
– 3rd day: 100 coins per block
– Starting 4th day, it will be 50 coins per block, will be halved every two years (or 2073600 blocks).
– First 1000 blocks of 1000 coins each are premined. This
is used for bounty of various needs. Also the 1000 blocks
are used for checkpoints.
– connection port is 9538, RPC-port 9539