FlorinCoin is a scrypt based coin with quick transaction processing.
FlorinCoin also introduces a useful new feature – transaction comments.
* 40 second block generation allows for fast confirmations, but not too fast to cause problems with network synchronisation.
* No pre-mine, super-blocks or zero-blocks at the start.
* Quick difficulty adjustment should limit insta-mining in the first hours after launch.
* A transaction comment can be added to any coin transaction. This can be used to attach a simple message or reference to a transaction, or for any other purpose decided by the coin receiver and sender. Transaction comments are currently limited to
140 528 characters. Both the GUI and RPC interface have been extended to implement this feature.
* The transaction comment can be seen under the “Transactions” tab when you double click on a a transaction (“Transaction information”). Also available from the terminal by doing “listtransactions”.
* Note that transaction comments are stored in the block-chain and are therefore public. If you want to send private information in your transaction comment you should encrypt the message using a method agreed upon by the sender and receiver.
* Transaction comments have minimal impact on the size of the block chain due to their small size (relative to the size of a block in the chain) and the fact that they do not take up any extra space when not used in a transaction. Transaction costs (calculated on transaction size) also offset the impact of slightly larger transactions when a comment is included.
Block target spacing: 40 seconds
Difficulty retargets every blocks
Block reward: 100 FlorinCoin, halving every 800,000 blocks (about 1 year)
Maximum coins: 160 million FLO
Network port: 7312
RPC port: 7313
* Open port 7312 on your router to allow incoming connections
* Point your miner at port 7313 of the machine running your wallet