Zilliqa (codename Durian)
Zilliqa is a new blockchain platform capable of processing thousands of transactions per second with sharding built into it. With sharding, Zilliqa has the potential to match throughput benchmarks set by traditional payment methods (such as VISA and MasterCard). More importantly, Zilliqa’s transaction throughput increases (roughly) linearly with its network size.
D24 Testnet with Scilla support
The current release has the following features implemented:
- Proof of Work (PoW) for joining the network
- Network sharding
- Transaction sharding
- Directory Service
- Consensus for DS block (with sharding structure), Shard microblock and Final block
- EC-Schnorr signature
- Data layer and accounts store
- Looking up nodes to allow new nodes to join
- Persistent storage for transactions
- Merkle Patricia tree
- Transaction verification
- View change
- Zilliqa Wallet
- Smart contract design and implementation
- GPU (OpenCL and CUDA) support for PoW
In the coming months, we plan to have the following features:
- Gossip protocol for network message broadcasting
- Incentive structure
- Further unit and integration tests
- Enhancement of existing features
- More operating system support
- And much more ...
Minimum system requirements
To run Zilliqa, we recommend the following minimum system requirements:
- x64 Linux operating system such as Ubuntu
- Recent dual core processor
- 2 GB RAM
Note: Presently we are in active development on Ubuntu 16.04. The support for building on other Ubuntu versions or other OSes is pending.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install git clang-format-5.0 clang-tidy-5.0 clang-5.0 libboost-system-dev \ libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-test-dev libssl-dev libleveldb-dev libjsoncpp-dev \ libsnappy-dev cmake libmicrohttpd-dev libjsonrpccpp-dev build-essential pkg-config \ libevent-dev libminiupnpc-dev libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler
brew install pkg-config jsoncpp leveldb libjson-rpc-cpp libevent miniupnpc
Running Zilliqa locally
Build Zilliqa from the source.
Run the local testnet script in
cd build && ./tests/Node/test_node_simple.sh
Logs of each node can be found at
To terminate Zilliqa,
Joining public testnet
If you are interested in running a node on the Zilliqa testnet, please register here.
- General question: Slack
- Development discussion: Gitter
- Bug report: Github Issues
- Security contact:
You can view our licence here.